January 15, 2018, Club Meeting-7 PM
It’s Happy Nerd Year on January 15 when theTraveling Nerd will entertain Wisconsin Club members.
The crazier we get, the crazier he gets. The Nerd’s goal is to get everyone involved, but most importantly to put smiles on our faces! Surprises are in store.
We will have a “best-dressed” nerd contest – for both women and men. Some tips:
1. Get some horn-rimmed glasses. For an added touch, wrap some tape around the nose bridge to give the illusion the glasses are broken. Any pair of reading glasses will do in a pinch.
2. Wear nerdy prints – checks, plaids, and argyle are the triple threat when it comes to nerd style. Mix-and-match a few different prints. The more they clash, the better!
3. Wear a collared shirt and button it up. If it’s underneath a vest or sweater, even better.
4. Trousers – black, grey, or brown – should be high-rise and cut just above the ankle so that your socks are visible underneath. Shorts are okay, too.
5. Shoes – dress shoes in black or brown are okay. Or a pair of sneakers in a bright color like red, blue, green, or purple.
6. Accessorize with books, pencils, pens, and/or a backpack. Wear suspenders with a standout color or pattern. A standard tie or, better yet, a bow tie with your collared shirt works. Choose the right socks – white knee-highs for women wearing a dress or dress socks in white or argyle if you’re a man wearing shorts. Make sure to pull them up so they are visible.
The meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. with “potluck” snacks/appetizers and BYOB. If your last name starts with A-H, please bring a dessert (sugar-free options are always appreciated), I-P, please bring a non-sweet or salty snack or appetizer like cheese & crackers, chips & dip, cocktail meats. Q-Z, please bring fresh fruit or a veggie type snack/appetizer. Plates, napkins, and flatware will be provided along with decaf coffee.
Several tables will be reserved for singles.
February 19, 2018, Club Meeting–7 PM
Mary Jo Vitale will be singing for us during our Valentines’ month meeting on Monday, February 19, 2018. One of the premier female soloists in the villages, Mary Jo’s performance is expected to draw a large turnout. Look for details in my January newsletter.
Game and Card Night
Game and Card night is held at the Bacall Recreation Center on the 4th Monday of the month, 6:00-9:00 pm. The card games of Bridge and Sheepshead are prevalent, however, any card game or board game is welcome. If you have a favorite, bring it to game and card night. You can also bring a snack to share if desired. This event occurs every 4th Monday and continues throughout the summer.