Wisconsin Club of Lake Sumter Minutes – General Meeting, January 2016
WI Club Lake Sumter
Monthly Meeting Minutes
January 18, 2016
President Helen Feeney called the meeting to order at 5:35 PM with The Pledge of Allegiance.
Hal Baumann presented the Club financials for November and December since the group did not meet in December. With income and expenses, the check book balance as of December 31, 2015, was $9,627.61. This includes income for the upcoming Tampa Bay Downs event of $1,368.00.
Joannie Schachtner introduced 8 new members to the group from Madison, Oconto, Green Bay and Delafield. Membership is at 340 now.
– Over 190 members attended this month’s meeting.
– Pizza and dessert were provided for all in attendance. Pizza was delivered from Flipper’s.
– Barb Spahr reviewed the plans for the upcoming Panama Canal cruise. This is an 11 day/10 night cruise and there are still openings if someone would like to join.
– Lee Konzak reviewed the opportunity for the WIESCO group. This would be for teachers to travel to Eastern Europe to teach English. This is strictly volunteer and looks like a great opportunity for anyone who would like to be a part of a worthwhile effort.
– John Krivitz spoke about an April 6 event which is a tour of the Mt. Dora Canal. Bus transportation will be provided to Mt. Dora for a 2-hour boat tour followed by walking around Mt. Dora and drinks at Maggie’s Attic. The cost will be $40 per person.
– Mary Viegut provided vouchers for discounts on tickets for the March 23 WI Singers concert at the Savannah Center. Tickets will go on sale Tuesday and Wednesday at the box offices. The Club gets a percentage of the proceeds from these sales so all are encouraged to come watch these talented kids.
– Nancy Miller provided instructions on the tables for Club Members to join the WI Club Lake Sumter Facebook page. Nancy actually posted a picture during the evening and several people commented on getting it. Hopefully, this will increase attention to this communication opportunity.
– Helen presented The Villages Senior Takeover where proceeds of ticket sales to an upcoming Orlando Magic game is donated to the Combat Vets to Careers. This information will be included in the next newsletter.
– 19 ladies had the opportunity to sign up for lunch with Helen Feeney at the Whispering Oaks Winery. The names were drawn during the evening.
The meeting adjourned at 6:00 PM and was followed by entertainment by Scooter the D.J. During the evening, door prizes were selected for Club members and the 50/50 drawing was held at the end of the evening.
Respectfully Submitted by Jan Kloeffler. Secretary