Wisconsin Club of Lake Sumter Minutes – General Meeting January 19, 2015
- President, Helen Feeney, called the meeting to order at 7:05 with The Pledge of Allegiance.
- Helen Feeney introduced David Booth, Director of the CVC Program (Combat Veterans to Careers) who spoke to the group about his case management work in assisting veterans with 360o support in obtaining higher education for job skills, and partnering with businesses & industries in job placement. The Program can use not only financial support but also volunteers to work directly with veterans.
- Secretary’s Report: There are no December 2014 Minutes because the Club hosted the Holly and Mistletoe Dinner Dance. The Minutes for the November 17, 2014 meeting are available on the Club’s website.
- Treasurer’s Report: Hal Baumann reported for both November and December, 2014. The previous balance on November 1, 2014 was $6,761.29. Income was $954.00. Expenses were $341.04. Checkbook balance on November 30, 2014 was $7,374.25.The previous balance on December 1, 2014 was $7,374.25. Income was $3,280. Expenses totaled $4,674.44. Checkbook balance on December 31, 2014 was $5,979.81. Both Reports were approved as read.
- Membership: President, Helen Feeney, announced Executive Board approval of a change in the Club’s By-Laws to state: The Membership Year shall run from January 1 through December
31. Dues continue to be $5 per person. For 2015 only, current members who paid dues for the June 1, 2014 through May 31, 2015 membership year are “grandfathered” in as members through December 31, 2015. Note: The fiscal year and the Executive Board (Officers) will continue with the June 1 through May 31 operating year.
As of January 18, 2015, the Club membership was 194. At this Meeting, Helen Feeney introduced 14 new members.
- Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee is still seeking members to accept a nomination for the one year positions of President and Vice-President. All nominees will be presented at the February Meeting and elections will take place at the March Meeting.
- “Memory Jogger”: On January 18, Helen sent the membership a reminder about this meeting. The email was well received and Helen will continue to send the reminder prior to each month’s meeting or event.
- Wisconsin Singers & Dancers: Hal Baumann distributed discount ticket vouchers for this presentation at the Savannah Center, Monday, March 30 at 5:00 pm and 8: pm. Tickets are available at The Villages Box Office.
- Victory Casino Cruise: Lynn Bartlett was accepting $40 reservations for this event scheduled for Thursday, February 5.
- Fish Fry, February 9: Hal Baumann sold tickets, $16.00 each or 2 for $30.00 (limit 2). This event will be held at The Links restaurant, Grill 19, in Spruce Creek. Happy hour, 2 for 1 drinks, from 5:00-6:00 p.m. with dinner following. No tickets sold at the door.
- Wisconsin Club Games & Cards Night: Members were reminded that we meet at 6p.m. the fourth Monday of each month at Bacall Recreation Center for games and/or cards. Bring a snack to share and your own drinks. For information, call Judy at (262) 391-9869 or Mariann at (352) 223-9358.
- Dining Out: Groups are formed for January through April. Questions?? Call Judy at (262) 391-9869.
- February 16, 2015 Meeting: Judy Cimbalnik announced that we will have a Mardi Gras Party starting at 7:00 p.m. hosted by Ric Mitchel. “We’re looking forward to a good time with Louisiana fun, music, costume parade with prizes! And of course lots of dancing.”
The Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m. The 50/50 drawings had 5 winners. Entertainment,
Wisconsin Trivia, was provided by Bill & Barb Cammack. Submitted by Janice Collins, Secretary.