Wisconsin Club of Lake Sumter Minutes – Oktoberfest Event October 20, 2014
Oktoberfest was held at Colony Cottage Recreation Center from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. Dinner was served at 6:00 p.m. catered by Athens NY Style Restaurant. Tickets were $15.00 pp; 114 tickets were sold.
- President, Helen Feeney, called the meeting to order at 7:05 with The Pledge of Allegiance.
- Secretary’s Report: The Minutes of the September 15, 2014 meeting are available on the Club’s website.
- Treasurer’s Report: Hal Baumann reported that the previous balance on September 1, 2014 was $6,145.47. Income was $959.50. Expenses were $455.22. The September 30, 2014 check book balance was $6,649.75. There were no questions and the Report was accepted as read.
- Membership: As of October 20, 2014, the Club membership was 144. Our membership year runs from June 1st through May 31st. The Club is currently accepting new membersand membership renewals. Dues are $5 per person. At this Meeting, Helen Feeney introduced 22 new members.
- Wisconsin Football: Watch the UW Badger football games with other WI Club members at Cody’s Roadhouse – Lake Sumter and Green Bay Packer games at Cody’s Roadhouse – Brownwood. E-mail Jan Kloeffler at email@example.com with your plans to attend the games each week by Wednesday night.
- Holly & Mistletoe Dinner Dance, 12/15/2014: This Club will host the Holiday Party for members of the three Wisconsin Clubs in The Villages. The Party will be held at Colony Cottage Recreation Center. The doors will open at 5:45 p.m. for cocktails (Bring Your Own Drinks) and socializing. Dinner will be served starting at 6:30 p.m.
- For the first time, reservations will be accepted for up to 8 per table. Tickets are$30 per person and available at a table this evening and at the November 17 meeting, or visit the Club’s web-site, www.WIclublakesumter.org to order by mail.
- Athens NY Style Restaurant will cater the Party; the menu is available on the Club’s website.
- Holiday attire is requested, including jackets for men.
- The Clark Barrios Duo will entertain.
- A number of volunteers are needed for this event. Call Helen Feeney at (787) 914-7811 or Judy Cimbalnik at (262) 391-9869 if you can help.
- Nominating Committee: The Club needs to appoint a Nominating Committee for the one year positions of Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer/Membership. Nominees will be presented at the February Meeting and elections will take place at the March Meeting. Call Helen Feeney at (787) 914-7811 if interested in serving on this Committee.
- Remember to vote on November 4, 2014!
- President Feeney introduced a celebrity among us! Sharon Kuhs is the 2014 State Queen Ms Wisconsin Senior America. She will be vying for the crown of Ms Senior America 2014 later this month.
- Wisconsin Club Games & Cards Night: Vice President, Judy Cimbalnik reminded members that we meet at 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of each month at Bacall Recreation Center for games and/or cards. Bring a snack to share and your own drinks. For information, call Judy at (262) 391-9869 or Mariann at (352) 223-9358.
- Dining Out: Judy reported that groups have started for October, November and December. Group sign-ups for January through April will take place at a later date. For more information, contact Judy Cimbalnik, Vice President, at (262) 391-9869 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- November Meeting, 11/17/2014: Ric Mitchell will provide Extreme Bingo. Prizes will be awarded.
- The annual Club Picnic will be held in April 2015 rather than May. The Ice Cream Social will be held at the May Meeting.
- This Club’s web address is: www.wiclublakesumter.org
- Wisconsin Club tee shirts are available at Custom Apparel & Gifts, 3451 Wedgewood Lane, The Villages, phone: (352) 750-1600.
The Meeting was adjourned. The 50/50 drawings had 4 winners. Entertainment was provided by Ron The Music Man.
Submitted by Janice Collins, Secretary.