Wisconsin Club of Lake Sumter Minutes – General Meeting November 17, 2014
- President, Helen Feeney, called the meeting to order at 7:10 with The Pledge of Allegiance.
- Secretary’s Report: The Minutes of the October 20, 2014 meeting are available on the Club’s website.
- Treasurer’s Report: Hal Baumann reported that the previous balance on October 1, 2014 was $6,649.75. Income was $2,460.00. Expenses were $2,348.46. The October 31, 2014 check book balance was $6,761.29. There were no questions and the Report was accepted as read.
- Membership: As of November 11, 2014, the Club membership was 145. Our membership year runs from June 1st through May 31st. The Club is currently accepting new membersand membership renewals. Dues are $5 per person. At this Meeting, Barbara Sphar introduced 14 new members and Helen Feeney introduced 4 guests.
- Wisconsin Football: Watch daytime UW Badger football games with other WI Club members at Cody’s Roadhouse – Lake Sumter and Green Bay Packer games at Cody’s Roadhouse – Brownwood. E-mail Jan Kloeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org with your plans to attend the games each week by Wednesday night.
- Holly & Mistletoe Dinner Dance, 12/15/2014: Our Club will host the Holiday Party for members of the three Wisconsin Clubs in The Villages. The Party will be held at Colony Cottage Recreation Center. The doors will open at 5:45 p.m. for cocktails (Bring Your Own Drinks) and socializing. Dinner will be served starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $30 per person and available at a table this evening or by contacting Hal Baumann at email@example.com or (352)259-6552 until December 10, 2014.
- Athens NY Style Restaurant will cater the Party.
- The Clark Barrios Duo will entertain.
- Holiday attire is requested, including jackets for men.
- Nominating Committee: The Club will appoint a Nominating Committee for the one year positions of Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer/Membership. Nominees will be presented at the February Meeting andelections will take place at the March Meeting. To date, Sharon Kuhs and Dinah Thies will serve on this committee. Three more members are needed to complete the work of the committee. Call Helen Feeney at (787) 914-7811 if interested. At the request of a member, the Position Descriptions for the Club’s Board members will be e-mailed to the membership.
- Wisconsin Club Games & Cards Night: Members were reminded that we meet at 6
p.m. the fourth Monday of each month at Bacall Recreation Center for games and/or cards. Bring a snack to share and your own drinks. For information, call Judy at (262) 391-9869 or Mariann at (352) 223-9358.
The Meeting was adjourned. The 50/50 drawings had 5 winners. Entertainment, Extreme Bingo, was provided by Ric Mitchell.
Submitted by Janice Collins, Secretary.