Wisconsin Club of Lake Sumter Minutes – General Meeting May 18, 2015
Note: This Club will not meet during June, July, or August. Next meeting: September 21, 2015.
- President, Helen Feeney, called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m. with The Pledge of Allegiance.
- Secretary’s Report: The Minutes for the April 20, 2015 meeting are available on the Club’s website.
- Treasurer’s Report: Hal Baumann presented the April, 2015 Report. The previous balance on April 1, 2015 was $5,780.00. Income was $230.00. Expenses were $582.97. Checkbook balance on April 30, 2015 was $5,427.03. This Club’s income from the Wisconsin Singers March 30 performances was $1,895.63. The income from 50/50 ticket sales from 09/01/14 through 04/30/15 was $859.50. The Report was approved as read.
- Membership: Helen Feeney introduced two new members. As of April 30, 2015, the Club’s membership was 299.
- Charitable Donations: Helen Feeney discussed the Executive Board’s proposal to donate$500.00 to both the CVC Program (Combat Veterans to Careers Program) and the Tri-County Junior Golf Association as this fiscal year’s charitable donations. The vote by the members present passed.
- “Thank You”: Helen Feeney extended a “thank you” to the “outgoing” Executive Board members: Judy Cimbalnik, Vice-President; Barb Sphar, Assistant Treasurer/Membership; and Jan Collins, Secretary.
- Helen welcomed new Executive Board Members: Tom Stolt, Vice President; Joanie Schachtner, Assistant Treasurer/Membership; and Janis Kloeffler, Secretary. Helen Feeney will continue to serve as President and Hal Baumann as Treasurer.
- Helen thanked Judy Cimbalnik and Janis Kloeffler for organizing this meeting’sOutdoor Games & Ice Cream Social.
- Summer Dining Out: Groups are formed for June, July, August and September. Sign- up deadline is today. To sign up see Judy Cimbalnik during this meeting.
- September 26, 2015 Tri-Club Golf Outing: To register for this event contact Janis Kloeffler at (262) 424-8393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tampa Bay Downs Special Event: There are tentative plans for a bus trip for a group special event in March 2016.
- Wisconsin Football: Cody’s Original Roadhouse – Brownwood will again host Green Bay Packer games and Cody’s Original Roadhouse – Lake Sumter will host UW – Badgers’ games.
The Meeting adjourned at 6:30 p.m. Attendees then played Bocce Golf, Corn-Hole Bean Bag Toss, and/or Ladder Golf. This was followed by an Ice Cream Social served by Ollie’s Frozen Custard. The 50/50 drawings had three winners.
Submitted by Janice Collins, Secretary.